Friday, December 24, 2010

The purse who claim that it's... - !!! part 1

Ili again... I have to make part 1 and part 2 coz it's too long... sorry... n... umm.. I wa sin a hurry!

My mother’s death brought me to a feeling where I felt like my heart shattered into a million pieces. Everyone was crying on her funeral but somehow my step siblings weren’t. They – Somehow… I don’t know how to explain but I think they’re smirking. My mother’s funeral party ended in the evening, I somehow wanted to be alone. I wanted to go to the pool and take a swim in peace. The pool somehow brings back memories – the way that mother used to rant at me for swimming in the pool for hours. I missed the aroma of mother’s roasted turkey because mother’s beloved kitchen was placed next to my so call 24/7-hours-I-spend-on pool.

“Lufy dear, aren’t you going to eat the cake? Nick wanted to finish all of them but I finally convince him for me to ask you first,” said Stephany; my loving step sister. She heard something clanging coming from the inside of the house and screamed “Nick! What did I told ya? Oh my, look at all the mess! Clean it up,” she turned her head and continued “Sorry Lufy, the cake went all the way in Nick’s stomach,”.

So much for peace. I sat on the edge of the pool and turned my head towards her.

“How can you guys eat cakes when my mother past away a few hours ago! Where did’cha get all of those appetite, huh?” I shouted at her with rage but then I started to cry. Beads of tears fell from my eyes. I know I have no right to blame them for having such an appetite. I covered my face with my palm and felt the warmth – not from my palm but from my tears.

“Now listen hear dearie, we barely know her. Yaw mom and our dad married in about the past four months. After all, your mom wasn’t that good to us. Do ya kno how much it hurts when our father past away two weeks ago and then in a week later yaw mother…-,” she hesitated. “Let’s think positive, think about how much money we will get from their will eh?”

“I don’t want money… I want her back,” I choked.

The next day, we went to see our lawyer to finish the so call ‘will’ business. I have two step-sisters and three step-brothers. We all are old enough to support our own life. Stephanie and Suzanne are twins and they’re both around thirty-nine years old. Both of them opened a nursery as for they would like to spend most of their time with children. I don’t get children, the only thing I know is that children make a mess and would never clean-up. Next is my oldest step-brother; Stephane. When he was sixteen he decided to join the military which proved that I’m not really that close to him and I don’t really know how old he is. The fourth oldest, is my caring step-brother, John who works as a chef and I think he is around twenty-six years old. The fifth is definitely me as I am twenty-one years old. A carefree girl who would spend most of her time swimming. Last but not least, my annoying little step-brother who is thirteen years old, Nick.

They all received tons of money from our parent’s will but somehow I didn’t. I only received a giant old purse that looked like more to a handbag to me. At first I was shocked; I didn’t know what to say. Did mother fake the love that she bathes me with all this years? Why did I only receive an outdated purse? I was scared… Scared to know the truth whether my mother loves me or not. Nick almost burst to tears because of laughing and Stephane was smiling uncontrollably and the others were gapped from the unexpected announcement.

Later that night, I jumped on my bed and tried to doze off. Tears were still hanging under those baggy eyes of mine. I can’t sleep I thought. I sat up and opened the purse that mother gave me. I was hoping for something memorable that mother would leave inside the purse but mother let me down again. Then again, my heart sank more and more every time I think about it. Out of the blue, I saw something… Something shinning on the bottom of my mother’s outdated-handbag-looking purse… and…

To be continued…

3 comments:

Aiman Firdaus said...

Wow!!!goods beginning...I can't wait to read your story in part 2 later :D

Dan~ said...

*prods with stick* Where's Part 2? :P

Anonymous said...

Seems that this blog is full with fics , eh ? C.O.O.L