Saturday, December 4, 2010

Bus Stop

Hey, dis is Ili. This weeks challenge is romance. Well, at least it's better than Bromance am I right? Look, I was in a rush okay. Anyway, I'm just a kid! orz... I ended up failing... ouh sobs* here it goes...

On the 4th March 2010 dad decided to move to X town because he was transferred there. I wanted to protest so badly but somehow base on our condition, I had to hold back my desire. It’s hard to say farewell to you friends. On my last day here, I went to my backyard and said goodbye to our mini ponds, the garden gnomes, the mango tree that I planted with mom and lastly, my favourite swimming pool.
The next day, the movers came and helped us with the furniture and stuff. My eyes were teary and out of the blue, dad appeared from behind me and patted my head.

“Think positive, you’ll get new friends. Start a new life and all,” he coaxed me.

“Whatever,” I cried.

On my first day on school, dad asked me to take the bus instead because it was a hectic day for him. I don’t care anymore – I don’t care what’ll happen next – I just don’t care! I thought. I waited at the bus stop. I waited and waited but the bus didn’t arrive yet. What a nuisance! After five minutes later, the bus finally arrives; I felt blessed but at the same time furious. I went into the old rusty bus and sat on the second last sit. Everyone in the bus looked tired and the environment was rather dull. It was a long trip so I decided to look out at the window.

Then, right there, I saw a guy riding a bicycle. He wore a different school uniform from mine and I don’t know why I was attracted to this boy. He was wearing a red hat and a brown knapsack. His bicycle was a few centimeters away from the bus.
When the traffic light turned red, the driver of the bus break without any signal so, without expectation I accidently knocked my forehead on the window.

“Ouch! That hurts,” I said while stroking my forehead.

When I opened my eyes, I saw the guy who was riding the bicycle was laughing at me. I blushed in shame. I thought he was going to tease me but instead he only waved at me and gave the most honest smile I had seen in my life. The traffic light turned green and the bus continued its journey where it left the guy with the red hat behind.

Everything went smoothly on my first day at the new school; I got new friends and all. But I prefer my old friends. What made me excited to go to school tomorrow was to meet the mysterious bicycle guy. I decided to call him ‘red hat’. On the next day, I asked for dad’s permission to ride the bus because I wanted to.

On my way to school riding a bus of course, my hope was high enough to reach the sky; I wanted to see ‘red hat’ so badly but there were no sign of him. So I decided to take a quick nap. I closed my eyes but my heart kept rising and rising.
Suddenly, I heard a tap on the window. When I opened my eyes, I saw ‘red hat’ was throwing pebbles towards the window. I was delighted; so impossibly delighted that I wanted to scream so badly. When I waved at him I thought he was going to wave back but somehow he took out something from his pocket and wore it on his hand. It was a puppet; a frog. He moved the puppet’s mouth and waved at me. I laughed.

Waving at the boy is like something that I did everyday. It’s like a routine. It had been three weeks since I moved here. The next day, I was on the same bus. On the first traffic light, as expected, ‘red hat’ was supposed to appear but he didn’t. I was curious and a bit sad though. Then on the next stop, the passengers kept adding up. Over there, on the entrance, ‘red hat’ was standing there. His eyes were travelling as if his looking for something and then his eyes stopped at me. He waved at me and sat next to me. My face was beet red. Silents… We didn’t say anything. Finally he said,"What's your name?"