Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Mansion

Hey, this is Ili. Alright, another story. This time we decided to make a sad story.Here we go~~

There are merely words to portray the mansion for instance, huge, abandon and spine chilling or rather filthy. The paint was rather dull and the front yard was filled with dried leaves. Right across the street, a man was standing there; glaring at the mansion with sorrowfulness. He had a haunted tint to his eyes and his eyebrows crease when he knew that this mansion would be demolished within a week.

“There… is where I died,” he said. As the pedestrian walk pass through his body he looked at his hands and said “When will I be in peace… I wonder…”

Three months ago the newspaper announced the death of a man who were suspected committed a suicide. After a week later, they found out that the man was wondering around the house searching for a gold necklace that was given by his grandmother years ago. However, he accidentally tripped and mistakenly pulled a knife on an antique table and fell on the floor with a knife stabbed on his chest.

Currently, this man is lost with no hope. His soul had been wondering around with an unfulfilled dream. He somehow, forgot his own desire. The first thing that came up in his mind was the word ‘family’.

“Do I have a family…?” he said in a forlorn attempt.

Hence the man decided to went searching for his family. He barely knew his own name which was Edmund Frend by seeing himself in the newspaper with his name. What could possibly a ghost do? Alas, he determined to go searching for the family with the name Frend. He went to the grocery store and walked around the shop. He observed every person in there and suddenly…

“Jenna, don’t you feel cold all of the sudden,” said a woman to her friend.

“I do,” said Jenna.

“Don’t you think it have to do with paranormal,” said the woman.

“What’s with your thinking? Did you eat your medicine,” she shook her head and laughed to her friend.

“But… they say if a ghost pass through your body you’ll get this unusual chill,” she said.

“Cilia, don’t expect anything. Come on, hand me over that watermelon there,” said Jenna.

“I wonder what happen to my husband…” said Cilia as she gave the watermelon to her friend.

“Oh dear, I’m sorry about your husband. But it’s not like he wanted to leave you. I’m sure he’ll be proud of you,” she said.

“Not quite. I’m pretty sure Edmund would not be proud at all,” she said.

The clueless ghost was startled at that moment. He starred at the women and stood next to her.

“Is this why I got attracted to you…? Because you’re my soul mate? Am I right?" he said to her as if hoping that she could hear him.

The women who were called as Cilia drove her car to the hospital.

“Why do I still feel this weird chill,” she said and rubbed both of her palm.

She entered the hospital entrance and went into the elevator. She pressed the number three and waited as the elevator music replaced the silent instead. When the elevator door opened she walked right down into the hall and entered a room where she saw a girl lying on a bed.

“How are you sweetie?” she patted the little girl's head.

“Mom!” she hugged her.

Edmund was starring at them and almost cried.

“I think this is enough peace for me. My family… I found them… I want to live here forever… by their side,” beads of tears soaked his cheek. He went to his family and hugged them.

“Sweetie, dear, mom’s gonna go and talk to the doctor,” as the ghost turned his head towards a doctor who were standing in front of the door.

“So how’s her condition?” asked Cilia.

“She’s a very strong girl, indeed. But I believe that I have to tell you that she’s still weak,” the doctor said.


“Is she gonna die?” said Cilia.

“She will not if she take surgery,” he said.

“But I can’t afford the surgery,” she said.

“Cilia… I told you… I offer you marriage. But the last time you denied. Do it for your kid, Cilia. I myself could afford the surgery for her,” said the doctor.

Edmund was confused and he approached his wife.

“No, don’t do this,” said the ghost.

At first the woman hesitated but then she nod.

“How could you do this to me! What kind of a father am I?” said the ghost and cried.

“Cilia Denzul, I’m happy to hear your result,” said the doctor.

“Cilia… Denzul? Not Frend? Cilia. Denzul… If you’re not my wife… and the little girl is not my kid. Then… Where is my family?” said the ghost.

5 comments:

iLi said...

Lol! It's almost like a comedy to me. This ghost is pathetic. I know dis story is 'tergantung' but... I kinda like it. pfft!

Dan~ said...

Yeah, 'crt terganting' = Cliffhanger. Yeah, I agree. Anyway.... I got slightly confused at the end. So, is that the ghost's family or not? And then when the two women were discussing, that whole ghost thing came out of the blue. Apart from two mistakes and a few grammar problems, I think it's okay. ^_^

Aiman Firdaus said...

Great story I like it.

iLi said...

Oh alright! anyway, they... are not his family... n I thought dat I want to continue dis story on some other time coz it's too long. Thx Aiman~ Thx Dan~

Dan~ said...

So in the end, what he thinks is his family, is NOT his family.... Nice! ^_^