Friday, November 26, 2010

Unbearable - Sad

Dan here~ Well, here's another one of my sucky stories. Hope you enjoy~

 I've lost everything near and dear to me… And I can't stand it. Everything I do, be it breathing or walking always tires me out. I can't think straight and I'm afraid it's driving me crazy. My beloved family always looms back in my mind, happy smiles on their faces, laughing. Their giggles were unbearable to listen to. Those chuckles were the last thing I heard from them. And then they were gone. No one had expected them to pass on. And I'm still in shock.

 "Em, you okay?" my dear friend, Robin woke me up from my small daydream.

 I mutter back a response, my voice barely a whisper, "Yes,"

 I dip my head, not meeting his gaze. He had done so much for me. Out of everyone, he was the one that worked the hardest to track down the murderers. I didn't want him to see me down. Robin took a seat next to me and gave me a pat on the back, "You feeling down?"

 My eyes watered slightly as I shake my head. How could I tell him? I didn't want to burden him anymore. I tried my best to come up with a reasonable excuse, "Robin, I have a fever. That's all. I'm going to take my medicine now,"

 I stand to my feet, my head still down. Tears were streaming down my face. God, I must look like a mess now. I take one step…. And then I felt Robin firmly grip my hand. His voice was soft and comforting as he said, "Em, it's okay if you're still feeling down. It's natural for people to mourn over the death of their loved ones,"

 For a moment, we stood silent, my brain slowly processing what Robin had said. Sure, mourning was natural and all that crap but no matter how much I mourned, I never got any better. Every tear I release had no effect, every second I spent remembering them didn't do any good; it only made me sick. I raise my head and stare at Robin with my tired, depressed eyes, "Please Robin, it's been two flipping months. The media have forgotten all about the murder, all my friends have stopped talking about it, heck even the police are not bothering with the case any longer,"

 Robin looked up at my confused eyes, "But I'm here, Em. I'll always be here for you no matter what. You need to forget about what the rest of the world thinks. The rest of the world is stupid! Just-"

 I couldn't take it. His words…. They were just too much for me to bear. I tug my arm away from him and run away. He follows me, his voice frantic, "Em, come back!"

 More tears flow. I couldn't. He just didn't understand my situation even though he tried to. I rush over to my right where I could see a door with a label on it. It read 'STAIRS'. My heart throbbed when I knew what I had to do to cure myself. It was the only way. As I rushed up one flight of stairs, Robin seemed to understand. "No, Em! Suicide isn't the way!"

 I made myself deaf, trying not to listen to his every pleading word. He couldn't disturb me. This is what I have to do. As I rush up another flight of stairs, I trip over one of the steps. And as soon as I did, I could feel the warm touch of Robin's hand as he hugged me close. He sobbed, "Em, it's going to be all right,"

 I nibble my bottom lip. It would never. "Robin, don't you understand!? It'll never be freaking all right. If I get back to my usual life, I'll just keep suffering from missing them but if I…. If I killed myself, I could see my family again. I want to see them badly. I want to hug each and every member and I want to spend good times with them. Just leave me alone,"

 Robin hugged me tighter, "No Em, you can't leave me. Please! Can't you see that I love you?"

 Time paused. My heart throbbed. He was in love with me!? I began remembering memories from a long time ago. Back when we were just kids without anything to worry about. He had always stuck up for me when no one else would, he had always cheered me up when I was down, helped me when I needed it…. He was a good friend. But I never thought he felt this way for me. "Em, will you please help me….?" he pleaded, his eyes teary.

I could only just say one thing. "I'm sorry," I mutter as I force him to lose his grip on me and then push him down the stairs. I truly was sorry. As soon as he fell, I continued to run. I needed to get on the rooftop quickly before anyone could interrupt.

 And I could still hear someone pattering up the stairs, frantically calling my name. Oh God, Robin must really care for me…. But no, this is what I have to do! In front of me, I could see what I had long desired; a large yellow door with the word 'ROOFTOP' above it. A crazy smile appears on my face. Mum, dad, bro, I'm coming!

 I push the door back with great force, clearly excited. Finally, my pains would be over. I can only hope that Robin can cope with what he's going to face. Robin…. More fresh tears drip from my eyes. But I knew I couldn't stop, I had already made it this far. Taking a deep breath, I took a step closer to where I was going to fall. Below me, I could see a busy road and many trashcans. Hopefully, I won't fall into a trashcan. When I die, I want my dignity.

 Suddenly, I heard Robin's voice getting louder. Oh God, he was getting nearer! I try to rush myself off the building but I can't. I've always been scared of heights….! But wait, what's that? I could spot my family down there, smiling and beckoning me. It's going to be all right.

 As I plunge myself into eternal bliss, something shrieked in my ears, "No, Em! I love you….!"

 What did you think? Please comment but don't be too harsh. >.<

4 comments:

iLi said...

well...u have a lot present tense and past tense error. d plot is good and it's a bit awkward when his friend said I <3 you to him coz... (in my opinion) it's like.. u kno... nvrmind. But I like this story :D

Dan~ said...

Yeah, I suck at tense. >.< How about the vocab? Coz why? Tell me. :P I didn't want to put it in actually buuuut, I dunno, I did. :P Oh, and thx.

Aiman Firdaus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aiman Firdaus said...

Although this story have a lot present tense and past tense error but,I m still like it.good job dan :D